This course explains the functions, products, and workings of the foreign exchange (FX) market, the most liquid capital market in the world. Every day, trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through this market. The spot market and its dealers are at the heart of this activity, but there is also an important market for forward trading.
Every second of the day the value of currencies changes, driven by global trade, investment, and speculation. This is a world with its own jargon, where bulls and bears fight for control, where a “yard” is a billion, and “cable” is an exchange rate between two of the most active currencies. In line with the latest Central Bank of Egypt Instructions to banks dated October 27th, 2022, with regards to allowing banks to conduct FX Forwards, FX swaps, and non-deliverable Forwards (NDFs) transactions, the below eLearning course equips the Egyptian bankers with the needed knowledge to understand the Foreign Exchange Business.
Who is the course for?
This is a comprehensive course with something to offer everyone, from new recruits in banks and other financial institutions to more experienced personnel looking to refresh or expand their knowledge of specific areas.
- The changing nature of the foreign exchange business
- The mechanics of spot and forward trading
- The calculation of forward prices and cross-rates
- The role of FX swaps and forward outrights in hedging currency exposures
- Borrowing and investing using cross-currency swaps
- The use of non-deliverable forwards (NDFs) with emerging market currencies
- The key factors that influence exchange rates
- The market for FX options, including the main trading and hedging applications of these instruments
*The e-learning program is non-refundable once an account is created.
One Month License
Three Month License
Six Month License